All about Fire... collecting, lighting, warming, cooking...
Do you want to learn loads about fire and how utilise fire for survival situations, your everyday camping experiences or good old barbequeing parties?... Come along for a really enjoyable day all about fire at Shippool Woods.
The course involves learning about everything to do with fires in the outdoors, from gathering materials to leaving no trace of having ever lit a fire.
Topics covered on this course include;
- Gathering tinder, kindling and firewood from nature in all weather conditions
- The different methods of creating a spark, ember and flame including flint and bow drill
- How to start fires, protect them from weather and manage them with different fire lays
- Outdoor cooking techniques and tasty fireside treats
- Maximising the effeciency of your fire for more warmth and less smoke!
- Fire safety, correct use of bush craft knives and leave no trace
Only €70pp (€60 students/under18's)
Food included; organic meats, veggie treats and other nice stuff to eat. Pleanty of tea, fresh coffee and hot chocolate.
5% fee for all online bookings
Under 18's must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Beautiful mature woodland on the banks of the Bandon river
EventList powered by schlu.net